The Cabriolet Slip Collar is a multi-functional piece that can be used in a myriad of ways.
1. Use it as a slip collar. This means it will tighten when the leash is tense and loosen when the leash is relaxed.
2. Use it as a regular, flat collar
3. Use it as a leash extension to lengthen your leash length
4. Use it as a coupler if you have two of these to walk two dogs. Attach your regular leash to the ring and then attach the snap of the collar to your dog's collar.
5. Use it as a traffic handle. You can attach it directly to your dog's collar, or use it on our Cruiser Multi-way leash to have the flexibility to adjust the position of the traffic handle. Attach the collar to the cruiser's ring that is sandwiched between two sliders and adjust the sliders to the desired position depending on your dog's height.
6. Use it as a security backup strap. For high bolt risk and fearful dogs who have a high risk of escaping collars or harnesses, attach the Cabriolet ring to your regular leash, with the same leash attached to a harness/collar. Then, on the snap end of the Cabriolet, attach it to your dog's collar. In the event that the harness or leash fails or if your dog escapes from the harness, the Cabriolet will still be connected to the collar.
Perfect for all activities, it can withstand a heck of a beating. Your dog can finally swim, run and roll in everything yucky (also stinky stuff) to their heart's content, and you will stay stress-free knowing that your dog is wearing reliable The Sleek Hound accessories.
To clean, simply hand-wash with dish soap and water, with a sponge or rag to work any nasty dirt out of the hardware or webbing crevasses. Which Hardware should you pick? Please seeCare on how to clean properly and find out what is the most suitable hardware for you.
See ourLifetime Guarantee in the event your hardware fails. We will replace it at no charge.
Resistant to abrasion, crack, cuts, mold, mildew
Low maintenance, does not require typical leather care
Easy to clean and dry
Has the appearance, flexibility and softness of leather
Does not fray like nylon
Colour is fade-resistant; will stay bright for the years to come
Take a measuring tape and put it around your dog's neck to form a loop. Make sure to leave a two finger spacing as this is a slip collar which can be a loose fit.
It is recommended to select "prevent choking" slider position.
If you prefer to have the slider position tighten the maximum opening of the slip collar, you must add an allowance of at least 2 inches to accommodate the slider taking up space.
Size is fixed and non-adjustable. Not recommended for puppies who are still growing.
Fluffy dogs should be measured against their skin to get the best fit
Do notmeasure your existing collars for sizing
As every screen/monitor has different colour properties, there can be slight differences from what you see and the actual product. We do our best to represent the most accurate colours.
Each consumer is responsible for determining the suitability of these products.Consumer accepts all responsibility by purchasing the products. The Sleek Houndis not responsible for any and all injuries that can occur from the improper use of its products. Constant supervision is recommended when your dog is using these products. Check for wear and tear before each use.
Due to the handmade nature of these items, there may be slight variations in colour or length. No two leashes or collars will be identical.