The Sleek Hound Fixed Martingale Collar is timeless yet functional for every dog and owner. The martingale is a preferred walking collar for many dog owners. The chain will smoothly tighten with slight pressure on the leash, and release like butter when relaxed. This style of martingale is quick and easy to put on. Just slide it over your dog's head and you're off to your adventure!
Perfect for all adventure hound activities, it can withstand a heck of a beating. Your dog can finally swim, run and roll in everything yucky (also stinky stuff) to their heart's content, and you will stay stress-free knowing that your dog is wearing reliable The Sleek Hound accessories.
Durability & safety is our top priority at The Sleek Hound. That's why we use 5/8 inch(16mm) width leather free Standard Beta BioThane® that is 100% waterproof, stink-proof, mold resistant and most importantly, worry-free. The break strength for the 5/8" webbing is 625lbs(283.5kg), which is the sturdiest of webbing that will hold even the toughest canine!
To clean, simply hand-wash with dish soap and water, with a sponge or rag to work any nasty dirt out of the hardware or webbing crevasses. Which Hardware should you pick? Please see Care on how to clean properly and find out what is the most suitable hardware for you.
See our Lifetime Guarantee in the event your hardware fails. We will replace it at no charge.
Martingale Chains Material
Silver Stainless Steel is resistant to rust and suitable for beach activities. It has a silver-coloured finish without any surface plating, which means the abrasion from tightening the chains will not cause colour to fade or scratch. Stainless steel may leave light coloured coats with a slight greyish tinge but rest assured this will wash out and it is non toxic. Only opt for this if your dog has dark coloured coat around the neck.
Rose Gold Stainless Steel is Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD) coated which has a higher resistance to wear and scratches than normal electroplated hardware. This colour has slightly less pink hue like our rose gold hardware and is somewhat closer to gold. It may haveminor spots without rose gold due to the welding of the chains and rings. This will be silver coloured (stainless steel) and it is minimal. Scratches may happen as wear and tear and the colour may fade and reveal the silver stainless steel underneath.
Gunmetal Black stainless steel is Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD) coated which has higher resistance to wear and scratches than normal electroplated hardware. It may have minor spots without gunmetal due to the welding of the chains and rings. This will be silver coloured (stainless steel) and it is minimal. Scratches may happen as wear & tear. The colour may fade and reveal the silver stainless steel underneath.
- Resistant to abrasion, crack, cuts, mold, mildew
- Low maintenance, does not require typical leather care
- Easy to clean and dry
- Has the appearance, flexibility and softness of leather
- Does not fray like nylon
- Colour is fade-resistant; will stay bright for the years to come
- Quick & easy slip on/off head to wear
- All collars are made to order and are custom to your pet’s size. To ensure a perfect fit, pull the measuring tape snug around the widest point of your dog's head, hold the tape together and try sliding the loop of tape on/off your dog's head and neck. Make the loop bigger if you find it difficult to get past the ears. After you found the perfect sized loop, write it down and then measure your dog's neck at where you want the collar to sit. Take the head size minus neck size. If the difference is more than 6.5cm, please opt for the Classic or Adjustable Martingale Collar instead.
- Round up to the nearest inch if you are in between sizes.
- Fluffy dogs should be measured against their skin to get the best fit
- Do not measure your existing collars for sizing
- Sizes 13" and above will come with double screws on each side for extra durability.
If neck size is greater than head size, please input neck size in the "Collar size" field instead.
A collar at the maximum circumference, for example, is 35cm, while the minimum circumference is 26cm. It is a 9cm difference. Please keep this in mind when ordering.
As every screen/monitor has different colour properties, there can be slight differences from what you see and the actual product. We do our best to represent the most accurate colours.
Each consumer is responsible for determining the suitability of these products. Consumer accepts all responsibility by purchasing the products. The Sleek Hound is not responsible for any and all injuries that can occur from the improper use of its products. Constant supervision is recommended when your dog is using these products. Check for wear and tear before each use.
Due to the handmade nature of these items, there may be slight variations in colour or length. No two leashes or collars will be identical.
Foils are delicate and may fade over time with use. When cleaning your gear, make sure you do not rub the foil area and be extra careful. Wiping your gear may also cause the foil to fade. In the event that all foil has disappeared, the deboss will still be visible
Due to its handmade nature, foils may have slight imperfections as it is difficult to control.