The Sleek Hound Adjustable Martingale Collar is timeless yet functional for every dog and owner. The chain will smoothly tighten with slight pressure on the leash, and release like butter when relaxed.
Perfect for all activities, it can withstand a heck of a beating. Your dog can finally swim, run and roll in everything yucky (also stinky stuff) to their heart's content, and you will stay stress-free knowing that your dog is wearing reliable The Sleek Hound accessories.
Durability & safety is our top priority at The Sleek Hound. That's why we use 5/8 inch(16mm) width leather free Standard Beta BioThane® that is 100% waterproof, stink-proof, mold resistant and most importantly, worry-free. The break strength for the 5/8" webbing is 625lbs(283.5kg), which is the sturdiest of webbing that will hold even the toughest canine!
To clean, simply hand-wash with dish soap and water, with a sponge or rag to work any nasty dirt out of the hardware or webbing crevasses. Which Hardware should you pick? Please see Care on how to clean properly and find out what is the most suitable hardware for you.
See our Lifetime Guarantee in the event your hardware fails. We will replace it at no charge.
Martingale Chains Material
Silver Stainless Steel is resistant to rust and suitable for beach activities. It has a silver-coloured finish without any surface plating, which means the abrasion from tightening the chains will not cause colour to fade or scratch. Stainless steel may leave light coloured coats with a slight greyish tinge but rest assured this will wash out and it is non toxic. Only opt for this if your dog has dark coloured coat around the neck.
Rose Gold Stainless Steel is Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD) coated which has a higher resistance to wear and scratches than normal electroplated hardware. This colour has slightly less pink hue like our rose gold hardware and is somewhat closer to gold. It may have minor spots without rose gold due to the welding of the chains and rings. This will be silver coloured (stainless steel) and it is minimal. Scratches may happen as wear and tear and the colour may fade and reveal the silver stainless steel underneath.
Gunmetal Black stainless steel is Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD) coated which has a higher resistance to wear and scratches than normal electroplated hardware. It may have minor spots without gunmetal due to the welding of the chains and rings. This will be silver coloured (stainless steel) and it is minimal. Scratches may happen as wear & tear. The colour may fade and reveal the silver stainless steel underneath.
- Resistant to abrasion, crack, cuts, mold, mildew
- Low maintenance, does not require typical leather care
- Easy to clean and dry
- Has the appearance, flexibility and softness of leather
- Does not fray like nylon
- Colour is fade-resistant; will stay bright for the years to come
- Rust-proof Stainless Steel Martingale Chains suitable for beach activities
- Take a measuring tape and put it around your dog's head to form a loop. As this collar can only be worn by sliding on and off the head, slide the measuring tape loop back and forth like you are wearing the collar on your dog and ensure that the tape can go past the ears and back out. Make the loop as small as you can while allowing comfortable space to slide over the head. This will be the head measurement and the size to order. Size up if it is in between inches.
- For neck measurement, please measure where you want the collar to sit on the neck as tight as you can without any finger spacing. This is to get the true neck size to ensure the collar can be adjusted to your dog's neck.
- Size ordered is the largest the collar can be adjusted to. Not recommended for puppies who are still growing.
- Collar can be adjusted smaller by a few inches depending on the size, i.e. a 13inch collar can only be adjusted smaller up to 2 inches, while a 15inch collar can be adjusted smaller up to 4 inches.
- Fluffy dogs should be measured against their skin to get the best fit
Do not measure your existing collars for sizing
As every screen/monitor has different colour properties, there can be slight differences from what you see and the actual product. We do our best to represent the most accurate colours.
Each consumer is responsible for determining the suitability of these products. Consumer accepts all responsibility by purchasing the products. The Sleek Hound is not responsible for any and all injuries that can occur from the improper use of its products. Constant supervision is recommended when your dog is using these products. Check for wear and tear before each use.
Due to the handmade nature of these items, there may be slight variations in colour or length. No two leashes or collars will be identical.